Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Rippig BD DVD

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 17:02:25 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 15/04/2018 14:41, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 14:04:12 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

those of you who rip their stuff to digital storage, how you
typically do so

I've used MakeMKV on linux a couple of times, it does take a bit of
suck-it and see to extract the correct tracks (e.g you might get the
director's cut, or foreign audio instead of the main film in English).

That was the bit I would need a bit of guidance on Andy. How would I
know / find out which is the track I need?

Some of the BDs seem to have loads of redundant indexes to choose from -
most of which will deliberately give you a broken video file (i.e bits
in the wrong order, or wrong audio, or missing audi etc).

Ok.

Quite often
you need to do a quick online search on the title first to find out
which tracks to process with handbrake.

I did a quick Google but didn't find anything specific but point
noted.

(with DVDs its usually obvious)

Quite, and what I've deal with so far.

As I mentioned elsewhere, if there is a 'bigger picture' with these
BD's I'd like to get it and then there might be less poke-and-hope.
;-)

I've now got a file that seems to work with the default settings of
VLC on a different PC to the one I created it on and so I'm fairly
confident it should produce a useable DVD.

Cheers, T i m