Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Lion logo

whisky-dave whisky.dave@

Talking of logos I scanned in a few old photos from late 70s at the
weekend, anyone know what these two cars are.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskydave/27611146658/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskydave/27611150558/

One is an Austin and one a Singer and both still on the road ,you could
find the model details by digging deeper on the web but may have to tell
fibs that you are entitled to the information.

GH

I tried to search for the reg numbers but came up with nothing.
I took them as part of a compition where my camera club were invited to
one of their singer exibition days we took photos and they judged them I
won a few dinner plates with the singer owners car club design but it
wasn't the same logo as on either of those cars.

I've only put them up so I can get rid of some of my old slides and in
case the current ownwers might get a chance to see the condition of these
cars in the mid 70s.

I had 5 minutes to kill while waitiing for a phone call so put the the
numbers in the GOV MOTcheck site,though of course both are now exempt due
to age.
That gives the make but not the model.
Both appear to be taxed at the moment.
For greater details such as make you would probably need to lie as to
having a valid reason or pretend you wanted an insurance quote and could
not be bothered to do that.

An anomaly with the Austin is that there is a discrepancy of two years of
first registration when checking just MOT Status and or using the MOT
history check. the latter also carries a warning that the owner is dire
risk of a fine as the MOT has expired so it does not seem to recognise the
exemption for older vehicles that came in a while back.

GH