Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Lion logo

In article ,
Dave W wrote:
In article ,
Dave W wrote:
I blurred your blocky image to understand it better, but had no luck
finding anything like it on line. Could you rescan it at 4 times the
dpi you used?

Eh? The original I have is a scanned copy of the manual as a PDF.
Increasing the resoluting makes not the slightest difference, as
there's no more information to be gained. This isn't a CSI TV prog.
;-)

As you originally described your manual as a photo copy, I took that to
mean that it was an image from a film camera.

Not knowing the history, it could be a scan of a photocopy. But I used
'photocopy' as a generic term since if it was copied early on in its life
it would likely have been with an office machine, as domestic ones weren't
around then.

I now understand that the
blockiness of the lion is in the copy, not your scan of it. So the
manual is itself a scan. In that case, it would be more helpful to
submit a picture of the whole of the front page, in sufficient
resolution that names could be Googled. It might even be possible to use
an image search to find the manual online.

If I could have found a pristine copy online I'd already have it ;-)

Indeed. But if you publish the front page someone else might have better
luck.
--
Dave W