Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Rippig BD DVD

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 12:10:28 -0700 (PDT), jkn
wrote:
snip

Then going back to Handbrake I tried selecting a different (but same
sized) 'Main title' and that seemed to bring in a different range of
audio tracks so I've selected one that looks a likely suspect and I'm
encoding it now.

I'll find out if it works in ~3 hours. ;-)

you can start watching the output file that Handbrake creates (eg. in VLC)
as things progress, you don't have to wait until the conversion process has
completed. Just wait until a few 10s of MB are there. That can help confirm that
you are extracting the correct chapter/stream etc.

Hmm, I have ~1.4GB of .mp4 file now and if I open it with VLC the
progress bar just shoots across (in a second or so) but nothing else
happens?

Could this pre finish playability depend on what OS it's running on
(W10 here) or does it suggest the rip - encode process is broken
somewhere?

Cheers, T i m