Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Rippig BD DVD

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 14:16:26 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 15/04/18 13:30, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

I bought a BD the other day and I fancied also having it in DVD form.

I've got it to a file that will play fine in VLC except the audio
track is for the sight impaired and I can't see a way of choosing
anything different to play in VLC or how to add / remove / select
anything different in the toolchain.

So, those of you who rip their stuff to digital storage, how you
typically do so (toolchain / procedures) and have you ever had to
'manage' the audio track etc please (ideally in W7/10, I don't have an
Mac with access to a BD player and any Linux solution is likely to
involve many CLI incantations). ;-)

https://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-h...ray-collection

Thanks for that Richard. Unfortunately (re my current situation) it
reflects pretty well what I've already done and doesn't seem to cover
the bit I need, eg, the possibility of different audio tracks and how
to select the right one? ;-(

I used the free eval version of AnyDVD to initially Rip the DVD and
then Handbrake to turn into a single MKV file (that VLC plays fine)
and I then used MKVMerge to try to select (or deselect) the audio
tracks and Handbrake again, but with no success.

I did read that it can be down to the order the audio tracks appear
and that it can simply pick up the first one it sees (which is the
wrong one in my case) buy outside of MKVMerge, I couldn't see of
anything that gave me an option to choose. ;-(

Maybe I'll try Make MKV instead to do the initial rip and go from
there.

Cheers, T i m