Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Suprima - unusual (to me) fault

In article , Rory
scribeth thus
On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 4:44:03 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
That suggests a dry joint somewhere - or a broken track which makes when
flexed.

My first approach would be to remove the board and re-flow all the joints.

Thanks, yes, I did have a go at the board years ago but these Suprima boards are
very delicate and from reading of others experiences it's common to lift pads
and even tracks. So I wanted to not molest this board further and keep it a
known 'good' board.

The one I got from CET that didn't work in my boiler was pretty heavily
reworked, with quite a lot of links and bridges.

The problem is or was the original PCB was a pile of ****e. I had taken
the PCB reflowed the solder replaced all of the burnt components had
more reworked replacement boards then i could remember but still it did
all its usual lockout and other silly buggers faults.

Then around 3 years ago now i changed the PCB for the new one it comes
as a complete upgrade kit on here for illustration;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAXI-POTT...0-PCB-UPGRADE-
KIT-5111603-REPLACES-NO-407750-/162998999375

From that time to this its been absolutely faultless i don't recall
having to press the reset switch once it just works and works well

But until you do the PCB upgrade then do expect all manner of odd faults
reason being is the original PCB was useless and not fit for purpose!.
--
Tony Sayer