Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Any Reason Not To Use A Rockler Cross Cut Sled?

On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 3:26:17 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/13/18 7:59 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/13/2018 2:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
You'll notice I didn't say "buy", I said "use".

I'll start by saying that I don't need another cross cut sled. I've
made 2 of my own, a large one and
a small one. They work perfectly fine.

The only thing I'm curious about is whether or not there is anything
inherently wrong with the
Rockler Cross Cut sled. Yes, it cost $150. Yes, the drop-off platform
is another $38. Yes, it is
constructed of materials known to be harmful to residents of
Califormia. But you don't have to
pay for it and you don't live in CA. (Well, most of you don't.)

If someone *gave* you a Rockler Cross Cut sled and drop-off table, is
there a specific reason (or
reasons) that you would forgo it's use and continue using your home
made sled, other than the
emotional attachment to your good ole sled?

www.rockler.com/tablesaw-crosscut-sled

Well, it is a copy of the Dubby.Â* If you are going to get it for free,
jump on it.Â* If you were going to buy you should consider the Dubby.Â* It
is larger and you can buy for either side get both.Â* Mine are almost 20
years old.Â* Very accurate.

http://www.in-lineindustries.com/pro...able-saw-sled/

I guess I should show mine, again. :-)
https://youtu.be/DPg5xdeyCQk