Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Lion logo

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Robin wrote:
In article ,
Robin wrote:
He said upthread it was "rampant" which that aten't. But did not give
other obvious inf. Can't help thinking a picture would be worth a
1,000
words.

OK then. I'll expect instant recognition of it after the effort of
doing
this. ;-)

https://image.ibb.co/eRd9mn/Lion.jpg

If that's an accurate rendition of your manual then I'm not even sure
what if anything it's holding. Seems to me all one can say is that it's
probably a lion rampant facing the sinister. Is the rest of the manual
equally poor or is it possible the logo was a stamp applied by the
retailer?

These are pro speakers and unlikely to have had a retailer. Supplied to
the end user direct.

Did you reduce the size down to about the postage stamp size it is on the
document? Or try viewing a long way from your monitor? On this 24" one,
viewing my JPEG of it from about 3 metres away is best. It looks to me to
have two banners, one on top of the other, with the top one not attached
to the pole. Of course it may not be a lion at all. The long tail might
make it a monkey. ;-)

Most of the manual is readable OK. As are the schematics. All simply back
on white. But a couple of pics in it just about as bad as this logo, so
perhaps down to photo copiers of that time.

It's not that important. Just thought I half recognised the logo and hoped
someone on here would remember what it was.

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I blurred your blocky image to understand it better, but had no luck finding
anything like it on line. Could you rescan it at 4 times the dpi you used?
--
Dave W