Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Flag to show trailer corner.

David Wrote in message:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 20:22:34 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 13/04/2018 19:07, David wrote:
Since changing cars I can't see the little trailer when towing it. I
can hear it so I know it hasn't disappeared.

Reversing would be a challenge!

I thought about fixing flags to the rear corners so I could see where
they were.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trailer-Bik.../dp/B004CRNJR8

Looks to be a potential solution. Wing mirrors are 1400 mm off the
ground (to give an idea of eye level) so these should be visible
through the back as the bolts on the trailer I am thinking of using are
about 650mm of the ground when the trailer is level.

These may be a bit flimsy, and possibly not designed for travelling at
60 mph.

Anything else I might be able to just bolt on?

Cheers

Dave R

You could try some radio antennas- the kind used for PMR radio. You'd
need to make a simple bracket - a simple plate wound do with a few
holes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APL-MC-15...R-AMATEUR-1-2-

WAVE-140-172MHz-MOBILE-ANTENNA-KIT/192501774336?
hash=item2cd1fff800:g:~ZYAAOSw1WJZN-o0

You could add a flag but a bit of bright coloured heat strike tubing
over the rod may be enough.

Thanks.

Respectfully pointing out that the default option is £5.95.

It looks as though this is only 1085 mm long so barely tall enough

If you cant see brightly coloured poles reaching 4ft above a
trailer i think you've not understood the problem...

E.g. Are there wheels on this PoS?
What sort of car?

I used to use garden canes propped in the rear corners by the
****e in the load , or temp with cable ties if empty although IME
manoeuvring comically small empty trailers is usually quicker by
hand...

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----