Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BMC A series thermostat etc

In article ,
Chris Bartram wrote:
In article ,
Graeme wrote:
Thanks Roger. You are right, of course, although when ordering parts
yesterday, I quietly ignored that hose, knowing what a pig it is to
change without more major dismantling. At the moment, it does not
appear to be leaking, although I think I will get a spare anyway,
knowing the condition of the bottom hose. One of the concertina ones
would be useful.

I found on my many Minis that the concertina type being so much thinner
had a much shorter life than the original.

If i had one now I'd go for a silicone type. Would need dismantling to
fit, but should last for ever.

As I posted above, I had the concertina type fail on me after a water
pump replacement on a Mini, so had to take it all apart again to fit a
proper one.

Likewise. Even at best had a much shorter life than the plain ones. Makes
sense if you think about it.

Think if a new standard one was fitted each time the pump was replaced (or
head lifted) they'd not normally fail in service. But people do try and
penny pinch. ;-)

--
*Be more or less specific *

Dave Plowman London SW