Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default BMC A series thermostat etc

In message , Roger Mills
writes

While you're at it, check the by-pass hose.

Thanks Roger. You are right, of course, although when ordering parts
yesterday, I quietly ignored that hose, knowing what a pig it is to
change without more major dismantling. At the moment, it does not
appear to be leaking, although I think I will get a spare anyway,
knowing the condition of the bottom hose. One of the concertina ones
would be useful.

Just been talking to my brother, and telling him how my son is amazed
that, when doing stuff on the Morris, I can find almost any tool I need
in the shed. Will my lifetime's collection of tools ever be used after
my demise, or will they become landfill? We just don't see kids today
fixing old bangers in the way most of us did 40-50 years ago. Then
again, I open the bonnet of a modern car and quickly close it again.
Minors, Anglias and Cortinas were so relatively easy to work on.

--
Graeme