Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jrwalliker@gmail.com is offline

Default Recommendations for a SELF PRIMING (not a submersible!) cellar pump.

On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 21:56:37 UTC+1, Johnny B Good wrote:

The genset may be able to handle such a surge loading without the backup
of the SmartUPS in any case.

I tested the overload behaviour of my 1kVA inverter generator. For
modest overloads, it drops the output from 230V to 210V for about 3s.
If the overload is sustained then it cuts out. This means that motor
loads such as my small angle grinder can be started.

It is happy driving computers and other capacitive loads as expected.

John