Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lion logo

In article ,
Robin wrote:
I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy.

Maker long since gone.

At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc)
is a logo of what looks to be a heraldic lion holding on to a flag
pole with a banner at the top. Totally unreadable. Dates from the
early 1980s. Looks similar to the lion that was stamped on eggs.
Anyone remember what it signified? It's not the company logo. Possibly
some trade or export award?

Have you searched the IPO's register of trademarks?

If that does give an answer it might help if you told us what the manual
is about and shared the image; or failing the latter at least told us
what sort of heraldic lion (rampant, couchant, etc) and whether the pole
carries a square or rectangular banner, or perhaps a pennon or...

I don't think is is a trademark. I *think* I've seen it used elsewhere, so
perhaps a trade body one or award, etc.

The manual is for a loudspeaker made by Rogers,

--
*I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.