Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default What is two + two?

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 10/04/18 17:53, Jim K wrote:
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 10/04/18 14:02, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 13:42:51 UTC+1, bert wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
On 08/04/2018 18:16, Jim K wrote:
Clive Arthur Wrote in message:
On 08/04/2018 14:02, Jim K wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 08/04/2018 11:42, Jim K wrote:
If you're up above the clouds its no. 2...

It's still blue if you are below the clouds.

-- Adam

Not at night.

Do things lose their colour when there is no light?
Yes.

So what colour is a blue football in a dark room?

It has no colour - which we call black.
--
bert

There's no such thing as colour it's all a visual representation of the wavelenght of the light we see, and how we divide it up in order to describe it.
A bit like Bass, middle and treble in audio, colours are just a useful way of describing what we see.

There's no such thing as reality. Just a description.

Perception shurely?

Yes, perception is a description, if anything is perceived.

One can perceive things without describing them...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/