Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G Ross[_2_] G Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Walmart sells Rikon lathes

wrote:
On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 1:38:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/RIKON-70-...c-36f52ee1bdbd

I did not know Walmart sold Rikon lathes! There was an ad on a webpage I was on. It was for Rikon lathes. 16x42 sliding head variable speed lathe. $2070. It was from Walmart. The idea of buying a big lathe from Walmart seems really weird to me. I realize they are just advertising products from a vendor who has contracted with them. Just like Amazon does. But still, $2000 lathes from Walmart is weird.

Correction, correction, correction! Toolnut is selling this lathe for $1989 with free shipping. So Amazon is trying to steal my money by selling it for $2065.

Don't know about your state, but Amazon collects state sales tax in my
state.

--
G Ross