Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BMC A Series - remove thermostat housing

In article ,
wrote:
Are there some cars where the steering locks as soon as the key is
turned fully off, even though it remains in the lock? I thought this
was only an old wives' tale. Evidently not.

Vast numbers of them. I can't say all mine have been that way as not all
had steering locks.

The very first steering lock I ever saw was an aftermarket fitment to an
E-Type Jag. That didn't engage till you removed the key. And I've never
had one which did. It would be extremely stupid.

--
*A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.