Default Fake Lawn on Wood Deck

AJScott wrote:
Well, if all you want to do is eliminate the drip drip drip and you
wanted to do it really cheap, you could simply staple the thickest-mil
plastic sheeting you could find to the underside of the deck. That's
what the rednecks I actually used to live with did, and it seemed to
keep their hound dogs pretty dry. Just make sure you staple an extra
sheet over where seam edges meet to further contain any drip drip.

The rednecks I know don't shelter the dogs - they tie them to trees. As
for waterproofing under the deck, it's easy. Nail some tapered shims to
the underside, widest end where the water should go. Get heavy duty
plastic, staple to bottom edge of shim. Should last 5 years easily
without sun exposure. Scrub the deck with mild bleach solution when the
weathe dries, let wood dry well, put a good sealer on it. Trim trees
so's it gets some sun, if that is the problem.

However, funny thing about those "going to ripped out in 5-10 years"
jobs. If you're not careful, they have an odd habit of stretching into
the 12th of Never and you just end up being the neighborhood redneck and
have everyone laughing at you behind their back. Just like at my mom's
house. Ugh.

AJS

In article ,
Paul Furman wrote:

I just want to be able to store things under the deck without the drip
drip drip. It'll all be ripped out in 5-10 years.

AJScott wrote:

I'm curious as to what you mean by "rainproofing under the deck." What
exactly do you want to accomplish and why do you feel the need to do
this?