Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Expanding foam question.

Andrew wrote:
On 06/04/2018 15:48, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
The answer is most likely no, but I was wondering if (minimal
expansion) expanding foam will take rawlplugs (my own generic name for
the things). It's only for holding skirting boards to the wall, so
not really a tough job.

I also discovered that drinking straws can be used as a nozzle for
this stuff when your old one is solidly blocked. Although I know that
there is more than one diameter for these things.

I swear by an old bag of polyfilla or better still Wickes fine
surface filler. It sets rock hard in about a minute, so excellent
for those oversized holes that wont hold the rawlplug in place.

Unlike old gypsum plaster, the Wickes variety can still be shaped
or scraped flat after its initial set but before it is dry. Also
sandable.

I'll try it next time I need to buy something like that. I need
something that dries more quickly than what I usually have lying around.