Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Adjustable Reamers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news
... Than I thought... hmmm maybe I can borrow one from my dad. He
has some old adjustable reamers. Maybe he has one that will cover
the 1" range. He has a set and he offered to just give them to me. I
asked him how much he paid for them and offered to pay for them since
I will use it in my business. Yeah, you can give me some money if
you want, but I only paid $25 for them. Never used the larger ones.

Nice. Two problems solved today. And even the solution to the
solution.

I suggest you try the reamer on scrap first. Perhaps my second-hand
ones aren't sharp enough or I don't know how to use them, but they
tend to chatter.

This may help both of us:
http://www.toolfab.com/assets/downlo...grind-tips.pdf

-jsw