Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Sigh....propelling pencil for marking up? Which size lead?

On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 17:13:17 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On 6 Apr 2018 15:45:19 GMT, David wrote:

Just tried to sharpen a builder's pencil and the two wood halves came
apart.

Pencil sharpener for normal pencils is blunt.

I am now considering a propelling pencil with a thick lead for use in
marking up work.

Anyone else doing this?

If so, which lead thickness?

Cheers

Dave R

Shirley the thickness of the lead in a PP is defined by the size of
the hole through which it's propelled. If you mean hardness, then I
note that many carpenters' pencils are 2H.

Yes, I've two 2H propelling pencils. One is decades old; the other old one
broke irreperably so I bought a good one - £12 (!) but worth it. They take
1.8mm leads and have sharpeners built in.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away