Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Underfloor heating question

In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:
In article , Roger Mills
writes:
On 03/04/2018 14:02, Graham. wrote:
On 03/04/18 13:16, Graham. wrote:

I only have the bare bones of this from my daughter at present.

She has new "wet" underfloor heating laid. The tiller was laying
floor tiles on the screed,, and cut through the tubing (angle
grinder?).

Is this repairable, or is it a break up the floor and start again
job?

Reminds me of a friend having a kitchen done professionally. The
electrician had laid the electric heating element on the floor ready for
the tiler to tile over. The way the tiler grouted was to bang the trowel
edge into the gaps to get the pointing in, and, you guessed it, he cut
through the element at probably every tile edge. Up it all came again...

How one trade likes to bugger up the work of another...

"It all makes work for the working man to do" - Flanders & Swann

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England