Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

Quite. An estate built near here about 30 years ago doesn't have anything
like enough parking for the cars people will inevitably have. Done
deliberately at planning time. Which means they spill out onto surrounding
roads which are already congested by parking.

And how many estates like that originally had frequent bus
services 7 days a week until late at night and now either have
none or a much slimmed down service which stops ay 6pm and
doesn't run on Sundays?

This is London. If anything, the PT service has improved in the last 30
years. Most especially the service from the local overground railway
station. Far more trains stop there now.

I was in London last week - the buses have improved beyond recognition
over the past 10 years - at least within about zone 2 where I was using
them. And impressed with the electric 'soft start'.

--
Cheers, Rob