Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Expanding foam question.

On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 17:01:54 +0100, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 6 April 2018 15:48:52 UTC+1, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
The answer is most likely no, but I was wondering if (minimal
expansion)
expanding foam will take rawlplugs (my own generic name for the
things).
It's only for holding skirting boards to the wall, so not really a
tough job.

I also discovered that drinking straws can be used as a nozzle for
this stuff when your old one is solidly blocked. Although I know that
there is more than one diameter for these things.

Plastic drinking straws ! I've just signed a petition against plastic
drinking straws.

Profuse apologies, then. But we have a boxful from when our lad was
small. It's a good way of doing something useful with them, I think.
And I'm not going to leave them lying around the countryside when I've
finished :-)

I had to pass the wires from the door release round the door frame, under
the plaster. Used a plastic drinking straw as micro-trunking.