Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

On Friday, 6 April 2018 16:24:31 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

On Friday, 6 April 2018 15:41:54 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

A station platform with a nice indicator board with bright orange lettering on it
looks *nicer* than one with the lettering switched off. The fact that the information
is maybe wrong is purely secondary.

But it could also be right.

But if the passenger has no way of knowing this, what's the point ?

Then point is knowing whether or not you are on the right platform, the only reason to turn it off is when NO trains are running and they won't be running for the forseable future, such as christmas day.

If there wasn't good reason to think otherwise one might be almost led to
believe that you worked for London Underground yourself. Possibly in
the planning dept.

No I just use it everyday so for me seeing such notices can be important.
See wqhen I get on at leyton and will get off at Mile end I couldn't give a **** whether the train goes to ealing broadway or west ruislip.
I don't care that the train is showing the wrong destination couldn't give a ****. The train may stop at liver[pool street because there's a problem further up the line, so NO train will go beyond liverpool street.
You see the indicator boards can only tell you the final destination and the time until it's expected to reach the station you're waiting at.

Blind passengers can't read notices that say this indicator board might be wrong,
either.

On the Underground I believe where necessary blind passengers are entitled to assistance
from a member of the station staff.

Pull the other one you'll be lucky to find a memeber of staff on most platforms.

Although quite possibly on regular journeys others
rely
on information and help from fellow passengers.

or more likely their phone.

michael adams