Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:36:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 9:02:51 AM UTC-7, JayB wrote:
This came up elsewhere and I am just curious about what the answer is.

If someone has a main service panel with a 200-amp main breaker, how many
amps of service can that panel actually service?

I am probably not wording this correctly, but I thought that I remember
something about a 200-amp main breaker actually being okay for 400 amps of
service since there are two separate circuits coming in (a 240-volt service
split into two 120-volt circuits in the panel box).

question. if your only supplying a transformer with a 100amp 480v wire is it possible to get 200amps 208v on the secondary of that transformer?

I'd say yes.