Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default TOT Generation game

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
A couple of houses trying to get the IOW or CP have sprouted
log-periodic aerials, and one or two have those massive tri-boom
jobs. One bungalow with line-of-sight to the south downs even has
a log-periodic aerial in vertical mode pointing at the IOW.

A log beam has a good DP and bandwidth, but is also low gain, so not much
use on its own for low signal strength.

I swear by Justin Smiths Aerialsandtv.com web site for anything to
do with aerials, but I have counted at least 8 log periodic aerials
around the village and only one points towards midhurst, about 10
miles away.

Most still have el cheapo contract C/D jobs and about a third have
'digital' aerials.

Their log36 aerial has the benefit of no massive reflector so I
could get it higher up in the loft. It's either that or an
XB10K which seems to cover the range. For some reason there is
no XB10E on ATV.com which is what I really need.