Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Walmart sells Rikon lathes

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 10:40:21 PM UTC-5, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Delivered to your house. Or delivered to the local one near you.

Handy. They have Big Trucks and have the ability.
Martin

When I clicked on the link, it said the following:

"Sold & shipped by Factory Authorized Outlet Return policy

Free shipping
Arrives by Monday, Apr 16

Free pickup not available from this seller"

So based on that I assume its shipped to your house free. They don't even give you the option of being shipped to the nearest WalMart store. Makes sense because it is a third party seller using the WalMart website to sell. Just like Amazon. For fun I looked up the same lathe on Amazon. Its $5 cheaper on Amazon. Free shipping also. Probably the same third party seller at both Amazon and WalMart.

It just seems weird to buy a $2000 lathe at WalMart.

On 3/17/2018 10:34 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 23:38:05 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

they are just advertising products from a vendor who has contracted
with them. Just like Amazon does. But still, $2000 lathes from
Walmart is weird.

on the face i agree it does seem weird but the game is about logistics
in other words walmart will sell you anything you want to buy and
take whatever they can get of the transaction

would be interesting to know how much they make on a lathe sale

but actually that is changing too at least globally as other countries
start to come down on illegal activities of the amazons and others

amazon was raided overseas recently as they were doing bad things

it seems the trade war that has been going on forever is now turning
into something closer to a hot trade war

interesting times for sure