Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ham Radio license

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 22:07:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

"for businesses this is an

Employer Identification Number." "

Hmm, he could hire himself. Maybe, I would have to look into it
but quite honestly I had had enough legal in my life plus I
have a pro se case coming up. That is plenty.

The EIN is for commercial 2-way radio business licenses. Except for
radio club licenses, all US ham licenses are issued to individuals.

"Who Can Lawfully Request My Social Security Number?"
http://www.identityhawk.com/Who-Can-Lawfully-Request-My-Social-Security-Number/

However that is information that you can ask a lawyer.

Free legal advice:
https://www.google.com/search?q=free+legal+advice

Main thing is, can a business get an FCC license ?

Yes, in a communications service appropriate for being operated by a
business. Ham radio is by definition NOT a business. Nice try.

Most likely.

Totally unlikely.

What are any base taxes involved even if there is no pay
involved ?

No, because you cannot legally charge for using ham radio services.
There was quite a discussion going on about 20 years ago over whether
a ham radio operator could order a pizza via an autopatch. The
decision is more complexicated than I want to discuss.

Like getting a vendor's license, you get one and never send
in any money they might start asking questions.

If you get a business license, and furiously deduct everything in
sight on your taxes, but cannot demonstrate any income, the IRS
considers your activities to be a hobby, not a business. Businesses
are expected to separate their customers from their money, which a
hobby fails to do.

I would ask a lawyer about the EIN. There is also a possibility
the information is online somewhere, just watch those URLS,
you want an EDU or GOV at the end. (and even that is not
infallible, but it is ammo incase TSHTF)

I can see that you've never dealt with a lawyer. Asking a lawyer for
advice is an exercise in futility. You never get a definitive yes or
no answer. Instead, you get multiple possibilities, interpretations,
and actions, leaving you to flip a coin as to which action is the
correct one. If it later appears that your decision was not optimum
or correct, it's your fault, not the lawyers.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558