Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

In article ,
ARW writes:
Very little when I had a look.

Farnborough still a lot, although there are also empty shelves.
I bought all their project boxes in certain sizes a couple of
weeks ago, and there were more there later, so looks like they are
getting stock in from the warehouse, or found it round the back.

Even more amazingly, I happened to suddenly want a 74HCT4060
IC and a crystal to go with it. Thought no chance because
a) they usually didn't have things like that in stock anyway, and
b) they've moved a load of their component drawers into the shop,
with a "buy the whole drawer set including components for £100".
However, they happened to still have both the parts I wanted in
drawers still behind the counter, and reduced to 12p each so I
took the two of each they had.

The Reading store still looked pretty normal a week after the sale
started, but I haven't looked more recently.

--
Andrew Gabriel