Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ham Radio license

"for businesses this is an
Employer Identification Number." "

Hmm, he could hire himself. Maybe, I would have to look into it but quite honestly I had had enough legal in my life plus I have a pro se case coming up. That is plenty.

However that is information that you can ask a lawyer. It would not put him in jeopardy to tell. Main thing is, can a business get an FCC license ? Most likely. What are any base taxes involved even if there is no pay involved ? Like getting a vendor's license, you get one and never send in any money they might start asking questions.

I would ask a lawyer about the EIN. There is also a possibility the information is online somewhere, just watch those URLS, you want an EDU or GOV at the end. (and even that is not infallible, but it is ammo incase TSHTF)