Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jazzuerr@gmail.com is offline

Default Strong unbearable chemical smell in bathroom

Guys, same problem over here in Brooklyn. I spent a week assuming my faucet was to blame for a heavy toxic chemical smell that occurred every time I turned on the water hot or cold... after eliminating the pipes the faucet (just replaced with a new one) the supply lines, and the drain, I discovered that it was the cheap piece of **** sink itself!

When water drains through the sink air comes back up through the alternate drain hole on the side... Whatever chemical **** they used in China to seal, paint, or manufacture this cheap fake sink smells terrible. For now I put a piece of tape over the hole and the smell is gone.

Hope this helps! Im also looking for tips for a more permanent solution that wouldnt involve asking my landlord to buy aither new sink.