jim

Default How to Remove Knob on Kenmore Washer

wrote:

I have a Kenmore series 60 washer. The control timer has gone to
crap. A local appliance store had the same washer sitting out back in
their pile of junkers and said I could have it, and also said as far
as he knew, the timer was still good. I just opened up both machines
and find that the wiring is all one harness and just plugs in. I
thought this should be an easy repair. WRONG !
There are no visible screws to remove the timer. But carefully prying
the knob, I see there are some screws behind the knob. Great, except
one thing.
HOW IN THE HECK DO I REMOVE THE KNOB?

It wont pull off, there are no set screws, nothing visible that I can
see....... The f###ing thing just wont come off.

Can anyone help.

Thank U
George

the knob is a two piece part.. hold the back part of the knob and then
unscrew the center of the knob and you will see a NUT holding the
plastic part onto the shaft... then remove the nut and then the rest of
the knob(the back part) will come off.....