Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Sam is offline

Default Underfloor heating question

On 04/04/2018 15:29, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Roger Mills writes:
On 03/04/2018 14:02, Graham. wrote:
On 03/04/18 13:16, Graham. wrote:

I only have the bare bones of this from my daughter at present.

She has new "wet" underfloor heating laid. The tiller was laying floor
tiles on the screed,, and cut through the tubing (angle grinder?).

Is this repairable, or is it a break up the floor and start again job?

Reminds me of a friend having a kitchen done professionally.
The electrician had laid the electric heating element on the
floor ready for the tiler to tile over. The way the tiler
grouted was to bang the trowel edge into the gaps to get the
pointing in, and, you guessed it, he cut through the element
at probably every tile edge. Up it all came again...

How one trade likes to bugger up the work of another...

'Twas on a Monday morning the gas man came to call ...

Flanders and Swann