Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default TOT Generation game

On 02/04/2018 08:41, ARW wrote:
On 01/04/2018 20:45, alan_m wrote:

OMG they have resurrected the generation game.

It was crap and amateur hour TV and well past its sell by date when
the BBC last canned it. Why do the BBC medja experts believe that
after period of absence on our screens makes it any better?

It will still be ****. As are most TV programmes.

They should move it to BBC4 HD. Those folks in London with
a cheapo Group A aerial will not now actually be able to see
it. :-)

Meanwhile in Sussex, Quest and couple of channels that I do
watch have gone to transmitter group 29, which my cheapo
group C/D aerial, tied up in the loft with some string is
struggling with.

We're in the doldrums here. I have line of sight to Midhurst
which is Group C/D, but the southern slopes of the village have
properties with Group A or wideband aerials pointing at the IOW,
about 42 miles distant, while the Northern slopes of the village
have houses with Group A or wideband aerials pointing up stane
street, the old Roman road to London.

A couple of houses trying to get the IOW or CP have sprouted
log-periodic aerials, and one or two have those massive tri-boom
jobs. One bungalow with line-of-sight to the south downs even has
a log-periodic aerial in vertical mode pointing at the IOW.