Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jimstafford6@gmail.com is offline

Default Match for Carver-Tripp special walnut

On Monday, April 30, 2007 at 8:43:33 PM UTC-4, John F. King wrote:
I'm halfway through remodeling the kitchen. I've completed the new cabinet
doors and am ready to move on to wrapping the island. However, when I went
to stain a piece of trim I found my can of Carver-Tripp special walnut was
still open and quite solid. Any suggestions for a cross reference or match
for this stain? It looks more red/orange than any of the special walnuts
I've looked at so far.

TIA

Talked with a person at Rust Oleum. There is NO MORE Carver Tripp products and has not been for several years. I know that Minwax special walnut is NOT a match. Varathane might be & I have some & will see. I have almost a full quart of the Carver Tripp Special Walnut, but I will need more to finish. Hope this helps. We are all out of luck, unless you find an old hardware store that might have some.