Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default Gas leak detected and fixed, should I make efforts to clear gas out?

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Scott
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:15:52 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

on 03/04/2018, Scott supposed :
Surely not? Electrical equipment in the vicinity of a gas leak. Why
do you think mobile phones are banned at petrol pumps?

They are mostly banned because they distract the pump operator, there has never been a
recorded incident of a phone causing ignition, but plenty of myths.

I did say 'More effective, would be something like a vacuum cleaner hose, which you
could drop to the bottom and suck the gas out - except for the fact that the gas would
then pass through the vacs motor.' In other words, not something to try.

You have added the owrds 'not something to try' later. This was not
clear from your original post. You obviously don't take safety
warnings very seriously.

OTOH, he did say any gas would be passing through the vacuum's motor.
This is (or should be) an ng for those with a bit of a clue about what
happens in electric motors (in this case, sparks), not for attendees of
the Cheltenham Ladies College.

--
"I love the way that Microsoft follows standards.

Such as changing the Windows clock in response to changes for British Summer Time ?

A feature not included in Macs by the looks of things.

michael adams

In much the same manner as fish follow migrating caribou."
- Paul Tomblin, ASR