Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default can JB Weld be used to anchor bolts in concrete or brick?

"JBI" wrote in message news
I have two pavers (one brick and another concrete) that I recently obtained
for a special project. I had to drill four 1/4" holes near each corner for
placement of an anchor bolt. When I did this yesterday, I didn't realize
that there was something called anchoring epoxy, so I drilled all the way
through. Each bolt has a head so I went all the way through and then used
a stop nut on the non-headed end; probably not the best way. Anyway, now
the bolt of course rotates when I try to secure the paver to wood. I was
just thinking of placing a small amount of JB Weld into each hole to stop
the rotation of the anchor and wondered if this could work? Don't see the
need now for spending twenty something on concrete epoxy for something this
small and it's pretty much done, just need to stop the bolt rotation.

Yes. Back out the bolt and pour the JB (or plain epoxy) in the hole, put
the bolt back, screw on & tighten the nut and wipe off squeeze out. Wait at
least three days before stressing. You may need to enlarge the holes.