Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Gas leak detected and fixed, should I make efforts to clear gasout?

On 03/04/2018 14:51, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 13:30:59 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Thanks for the other ideas folks, I'll be scooping out soon! :-)

I'd like to encourage you to do that, but April 1st is over...

If you can't smell the gas, don't worry.

The odorants are added in concentrations so that gas becomes noticeable well
before dangerous concentrations are reached.

Otherwise: remove all you clothes so as to avoid any chance of static buildup
and sparks. Take two fans, dance on the deck of the boat, while fanning air into
the bilge of the boat. Extra points for singing!

Thomas Prufer

I'd have thought (given the point about odour and concentration) that
you would be OK running a vacuum cleaner outside on the deck with a hose
dropped down into the bilges. I suppose a Dyson cordless would be ideal
as presumably they have brushless motors (although they could be
generating static).