Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Question for Dyson fans: filters

On Sun, 01 Apr 2018 12:15:35 +0100, Another John wrote:

[This is addressed to fans of Dysons ... Dyson knockers: nothing for you
here!]

I've had a DC25 for 3.5 years now, and very happy with it (I had a DC01
for nearly 20 years, before that.)

I clean the filters as prescribed, BUT: the instruction for the motor
filter is that you

"Rinse and shake filters under tap. Turn over and tap very firmly to
remove motor emissions. Repeat 10x until water runs clear."

Well I have NEVER seen anything produced as a result of this rather
tedious procedure for the motor filter. (The other, dust-bin, filter
always takes some washing through.)

Any comments, folks?

Cheers
John

I used a Dyson (can't remember model, but about 15 years ago) at a friend's
place. There were complaints about cleaning the filters so I took it
outside, removed the various filters, found out which places sucked and
whick blew, then put the filters, one at a time, on backwards where they'd
fit quite well and pressed the button.
Nice big clouds of dust and filters clean enough to restore suction.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away