Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Question for Dyson fans: filters

In article ,
Another John writes:
[This is addressed to fans of Dysons ... Dyson knockers: nothing for you
here!]

I've had a DC25 for 3.5 years now, and very happy with it (I had a DC01
for nearly 20 years, before that.)

I clean the filters as prescribed, BUT: the instruction for the motor
filter is that you

"Rinse and shake filters under tap. Turn over and tap very firmly to
remove motor emissions. Repeat 10x until water runs clear."

Well I have NEVER seen anything produced as a result of this rather
tedious procedure for the motor filter. (The other, dust-bin, filter
always takes some washing through.)

Any comments, folks?

I never normally see anything in the mains Dyson post-motor filters,
no muck normally gets that far. In the DC04 and DC07, it's not even
easily removed - I think it's not expected to be cleaned or changed
during the life of a motor.
The exception is where the pre-motor filter is missing (which normally
happens only with a cleaner which is never emptied or maintained,
and heavily abused).
For Dysons which have had enough use to significantly wear the motor
brushes, you can sometimes see slight traces of that in the post-
motor filter.

--
Andrew Gabriel