Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Anyone got a Bosch strimmer?

On 01/04/2018 11:32, stuart noble wrote:
On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 11:17:08 AM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

If so, what the hell is this?

I haven't got a bosch one, and I haven't used my B&D one for many years,
but I seem to remember some sort of blade to cut the line to length
after you'd had to untangle it and spool out some more?

Ah, that's why it has tape round it maybe. I'll use scissors anyway. Thanks Andy.

There is a blade there. The stripper will have some form of auto line
feed and when the line extends beyond the diameter of the guard the
blade will automatically cut it to the correct length. If the blade
wasn't there the line would start cutting through the plastic guard.

There are many various ways auto line feed work. On my cordless the
spinning up from stop feeds the line out by a small amount. I've had
strimmers where bouncing the bottom of the spool on the ground allows
the spool to feed a small amount of line out.