Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,alt.cellular
Libor Striz Libor Striz is offline

Default How does a Wi-Fi only tablet route on Google Maps when on theroad?

Ragnusen Ultred Wrote in message:
Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 08:46:19 +0200 (GMT+02:00), schrieb Libor Striz:

No idea, I have no experience with iOS, noe how it manages
location queries.
Within the Android group, I speak in Android context.

Fair enough.

I didn't think iOS is different than Android in terms of how Google Maps works.

Why though, would Google Maps do things differently on iOS than on Android
given the same lack of GPS and cellular capability?

Are the Google Maps for iOS as well ?? That is news to me, I would
consider it as "Apple heresy".

I just guess, either iOS has equivalent location service,
either GM for iOS is compiled not to rely on such a service.

--
Libor Striz aka Poutnik ( a pilgrim/wanderer/wayfarer)

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/