Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default sealant in lieu of PTFE tape

Andrew wrote:
On 29/03/2018 15:01, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

I have an ancient tub of Boss Green [...] I assume LS-X
is similar?

It's like silicone gunge that doesn't go off ...

The Boss Green I have is like silicone-based putty. But instead of
having the linseed oil dry up, over the decades, it separates into
what I assume is 'siliconey' oil, and hard bits.

Just stir and mix it. It will come back to life just like
an old tub of putty will.

I do, but it takes a bit more than stirring :-) More a sort of
prolonged chopping action with a small scraper.