Posted to uk.d-i-y
Machiavelli Machiavelli is offline

Default Are Home Depot & B&Q linked?

replying to Andy Hall, Machiavelli wrote:
It's not that hard to put together. Imagine you had substantial resources.
Live in one country. And are on vacation. You come across a business that's
flourishing in a monumental level. (I lived in NYC for 30yrs. So I can
factually tell you, @ one point H/S was the #1 stock pick for years).

You realize this retail concept has not been erected (in every aspect), in
your home country. It's almost like free money. If the markets are similar,
it's a no brainer. The world revolves around statistics. And all businesses
are created around a formula (business plan). Being in a different
environment is irrelevant, simply because, mathematically, If the premises
are the same, the conclusion will always be the same. Hence the £220 million
annual profits accredited on B & Q's Statement of cash flows.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ked-71766-.htm