Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sealant in lieu of PTFE tape

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 12:44:06 GMT, Bryan Mitchell wrote:

In view of my historic , and generally lost battles with PTFE tape, I am
now contemplating the use of LS-X compound with my new radiator valves,
and I would value comment on this please.

You are wrapping it the right way round the tail so that the action
of screwing it in tightens the tape on to the tail rather than
loosening it. And you are putting enough turns on, lightly tensioned?
"enough" being enough to fill the threads.

--
Cheers
Dave.