Posted to alt.home.repair
None None is offline

Default George Washington

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:50:35 -0700, Bob F wrote:

As usual, that right wing "quote" is FAKE NEWS. What he really said was:

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end
a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and
interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to
render them independent of others for essential, particularly military,
supplies."

Our founding fathers were human beings, many of them deeply flawed.

Many of the protocols for society and governance which they
established were insightful, but many, such as human slavery, child
labor and the repression of women were abhorrent and simply immoral.

I appreciate the thoughts of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Madison,
etc. But those thoughts should not be revered as if they were handed
down directly from the right hand of God.