Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sealant in lieu of PTFE tape

On 29/03/2018 13:44, Bryan Mitchell wrote:
In view of my historic , and generally lost battles with PTFE tape, I am
now
contemplating the use of LS-X compound with my new radiator valves, and I
would value comment on this please.

What's your problem with PTFE tape? I always use tape intended for gas
connections - it's thicker and stronger than the standard stuff. Also,
when fitting radiator valve tails into new rads, I run a 1/2" BSP tap
into the hole first to make sure there are no rough bits on the thread.
--
Cheers,
Roger