Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Actual DIY Q :-D

Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 11:44:06 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 11:27:41 UTC+1, JimK wrote:
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 17:13:44 UTC+1, wrote:
On 26/03/2018 16:39, whisky-dave wrote:

I'm thinking of laying wooden type laminate flooring in the kitchen and will also need to cut a couple of pieces of kitchen worktop just the compressed wood ones with the formica type tops, so I'm thinking of buying a new jigsaw, my B&Q I got for just a £10 7 years ago is a bit past it's best.

So any advice, I wont be doing much more with it there seems to be a few from £50 to £100 don't want to pay much more.

Either 240V or cordless.

any favourites makes/models from B&Q, screwfix, argos, ITS or aldi are all close to me

As others have said: a jigsaw is not good in thick materials because the
blade bends, especially if you are following a fence. I've sometimes
rough cut with a jigsaw but have always finished with a 1/2" router and
a long cutter. If you don't want to buy the correct tool for the job
then why not hire?

I know someone that works for machinemart, but I don't know when I want to do the cutting, it could be just after easter of up until late september.
I'm suprised no one has suggested buying something then taking it back saying it's unsuitable.

Unless they're the manager ;-);-) I suspect you'll run into bother
returning even unused items to that shower...

He works in the returns department but employed by clarkesons rather than machinemart, he always seems really busy working from 8am to 6pm, I assume there's a reason why they get so many returns which could be why I'm not planning on buying from them, even if I do get a 10-15% discount.

Machine Mart are the place of last resort for us. They've usually got the goods but I'd rather buy elsewhere.

NT

WTF is "us" ? You and ......? (Insert Digger) ;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/