Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Actual DIY Q :-D

Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 10:58:57 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 27/03/18 23:14, GB wrote:
On 27/03/2018 20:10,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 17:13:44 UTC+1, wrote:

As others have said: a jigsaw is not good in thick materials because
the blade bends, especially if you are following a fence. I've
sometimes rough cut with a jigsaw but have always finished with a
1/2" router and a long cutter. If you don't want to buy the correct
tool for the job then why not hire?

because it's as expensive as buying.

So true, unfortunately!

total ******** ime

I looked into hiring a 9" angle grinder and diamond blade over a weekend.
Cost pretty well the same as buying from Lidl. But being London, hiring
may be more expensive here.

the few times I looked at hiring I could buy for the same or less. I soon stopped bothering to look.

NT

Face it - you gave up on everything years ago (apart from being a
trolling gob****e ;-) )
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----