Tom Baker

Default basement floor question

"I & H Prees" wrote in message ...
I'm getting some estimates for finishing the basement in my 7-year-old
townhouse and am coming up with more questions than answers when it comes to
what kind of flooring to put down over the concrete. I don't want to put
down carpet but I'd like something not too cold underfoot. Hardwood is too
expensive and I don't like the look of pergo. Ceramic tile seems too cold.
I'm thinking about 12 x 12 linoleum squares but is there a way I can make it
so the floor isn't too cold?

"Cold" as you describe it, is the rate at which heat is conducted away
from your feet.
So ceramic tile will be "cold".
Mr Bobst's suggestion of cork would work and some true linolium in
color could work.
However, I'd check manufacturer's recommendations for installation
below grade and on concrete.

TB